POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down to Earth : Re: Down to Earth Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:10:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down to Earth
From: Ken
Date: 12 Nov 2000 00:44:43
Message: <3A0E2EB5.9A8A1553@pacbell.net>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> > A little isofun. Render time a whopping 16 min..

> This is not fair !  Now I wish I didn't know your
> rendering time for this image. :(

I had a slow-assed P-200 until just a month ago. I feel for you.

> I like the texture. How did you do that ?

I used pretty much the same method you used except I specified
a granite piment pattern and then used multiple colered lights
to give the actual color to the scene.

object {
   Toroid_Noise
      pigment { granite
       color_map {
                   [0.0 rgb .35]
                   [0.5 rgb .50]
                   [.75 rgb .35]
                   [1.0 rgb .75]
                 }
                scale .5
               }
      normal { granite .25 scale .35}
  no_shadow
}

> I envy your possibilities to explore these worlds.

I envy your ability to understand isosurfaces and the math
behind them. I merely took your work and expanded upon it.

Have you tried feeding it a quilted pigment yet ? I have been
getting some interesting results using various slopes in the
pattern.