POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blue Mars : Re: Blue Mars Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blue Mars
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 10 Nov 2000 20:08:38
Message: <3A0C9C23.B6302500@home.com>
Unfortunately recent findings my NASA and USGS show that large quantities of
water likely did NOT exist on Mars in the past. This is because they discovers
large quantities of the mineral, olivine (I think that's how you spell it),
which is easily soluble in water. Too bad cause it would have been AMAZING to
have discovered evidence of life on mars, not that this totally rules that out
but it is another thing to but down in the "cons" column. Oh well there is
always Europa still:-)