POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IsoWood 0.2 Preview (87k) : Re: IsoWood 0.2 Preview (87k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IsoWood 0.2 Preview (87k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 10 Nov 2000 02:59:37
Message: <3A0BAAE9.B339E6A5@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
GrimDude wrote:

> Aye. I've been looking at the new turbulence vector. That, and I believe
> something like a spotted map, would get results. In otherwords, a complex
> texture would most certainly be required.

I'm not sure if i understood that right, could you explain it a bit more
detailed ?

> I have no doubt that warps,
> blackholes, (whatever) could benefit diversity in the pattern, but not the
> answer in getting the overall effect.

I think displace warps are quite a good idea, i also try the black_hole warps
placed at the surface of the wood objects.

> I started off iso woods by trying to recreate the T_Wood series, which I
> then proceeded to 'dirty down' with knotholes. I still haven't gotten the
> results I want, but I have a ton of projects going too. :)
>
> Attached are 25 T_Woods less the knotholes.

You should remember that layered textures can't be used in the IsoWood include.
BTW I already have quite a lot of color_maps and some pigments to be included
with IsoWood 0.2

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>