POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : radiosity inside ! (WIP, Test, Comparative, 15k) : Re: radiosity inside ! (WIP, Test, Comparative, 15k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity inside ! (WIP, Test, Comparative, 15k)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 9 Nov 2000 17:07:45
Message: <3A0B2152.A5A539F8@unforgettable.com>
Paul Blaszczyk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> gemelli david wrote:
> >  Params:
> >      pretrace_start 0.04
> >      pretrace_end 0.01
> >      recursion_limit 2
> >
> >      error_bound .03
> >      nearest_count 1
> >      low_error_factor 1
> >      count 500
> >      adc_bailout 1
>
> Use a recursion_limit of 3 or 4...the darker edges must be brighter and
> it will look much better as at 2  :-)

I'm not so sure about that.. in a number of my tests, the differences
between 2 and higher levels were noticible, but not especially significant.

> Nathan:
> it is right, that the maximum of recursion_limit is 6?? I've rendered a
> test-scene with several values for
> recursion_limit...after 6 all rendering times (also at 100 and 150) were
> the same as at 6.

I would think that the amount of "light" given off from each bounce
would get smaller and smaller.. perhaps, at that high of a recursion
level, the extra bounces are contributing so little to the scene that
they don't show up at all.

-Xplo