POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cell city (35 kbbu) : Re: Cell city (35 kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cell city (35 kbbu)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 8 Nov 2000 13:20:06
Message: <3A0997FD.9153A981@my-dejanews.com>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> It looks quite good, but there are still a lot of typical errors (what you call
> diffuse==0 is only one thing) like stair effects and thin lines.
>
> IMO similar shapes are also possible with smooth functions, of course not that
> simple. I posted a regular grid of cubes some time ago:

Did you release that code?  It would be neat to have a smooth iso/ triangle
solution that looks just like this.  PeterC was nice to show me code that could
make something similar, but even after I tinkered with it, it still did not have
this wonderful structured, city-like feel to it.  This structure is more than
simply boxes of random heights translated to random y values. Maybe the problem is
that I don't understand the math here as much as I think I do.....