POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earth again with oceans and clouds. : good and bad news Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  good and bad news
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 8 Nov 2000 02:52:03
Message: <3A090622.F8381A81@ij.net>
Matt Giwer wrote:

> GrimDude wrote:
> >
> > One orbit, of the Earth, by the moon. I think the view you started with was
> > great! Just set the moon in motion, rotate the Earth of course, and put a
> > sun in there (stars too). As long as, the camera holds its position relative
> > to the moon (orbits too), Viola! This method would never allow for a full
> > lunar cycle, or even be accurate by any other scale, but it's better then
> > trying to make a full cycle. That would be a huge animation, were it smooth
> > at all.
>
>         Huge is correct. smooth would require some 64 animations per day times
> 28.whatever days. 64 by this methods takes about 4.5 hours for about 5.5
> days. I could speed it up by flattening the transparent layers and
> presume no criticism of the clouds not moving.

	Good news first, I can get the render down to 1m15s by flattening
layers and such. The bad news is that 64 frames at 360/64 degrees
rotation per frame at 24fps is much too jerky. So for a smooth
animation, the time would likely remain a constant.

--
Never put temptation in the way of a politician.
Politicians view temptation as opportunity.