POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Attic (~160kbu) : Re: Attic (~160kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attic (~160kbu)
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 7 Nov 2000 09:34:48
Message: <3A08116E.686374D0@attglobal.net>
Warp wrote:

>   Any suggestion what to add/modify?

1 - Stars.  There seems to be light coming in through the window,
however, we don't see anything outside.
2 - Soot on the ceiling above the candle.  Especially since it is just
centimeters above the flame.
3 - Dust, cobwebs. (I've never seen a attic this clean)
4 - The "rounded edges" (argh! can't remember word) on the floor boards
are either too big, or your attic is really only about 30cm high...

>   Question: The "noise" in the frame of the window is caused by the
> normal scaling behaviour in megapov (I'm scaling the texture <10,1,1> and
> that makes the normals too deep in the x-direction). How could I get rid
> of that?

Don't.  It gives your wood an old and weathered look.  However, the rest
of the wood would need to look as old for the picture to "make sense".

But don't listen to me.
--
Francois Labreque | My workload has become so bad that I
     flabreq      | don't have an in-basket anymore, it's