POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Object oriented POV scene language? : Re: Object oriented POV scene language? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object oriented POV scene language?
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 6 Nov 2000 22:54:05
Message: <3A077C3D.C5606AE0@nigels.com>
> >       Yes indeed, and it could form a component of POV 4.
>
> How? What I am talking about is a framework for manipulating objects in
> C++ and outputing .pov files...nothing to do with POV-Ray itself. There
> is no reason it couldn't be done now and used with POV-Ray 3.1...

	Of course it would be useful for 3.1, but by the time you've
	done all the POV glue in C++, you're left with two things:
	The parser, and the raytracing code.  And really, it's
	only the parser (and control of it) that differentiates
	POV.

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] nigelscom)
Research Student, Software Developer