POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : radiosity inside ! (WIP, Test, Comparative, 15k) : radiosity inside ! (WIP, Test, Comparative, 15k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  radiosity inside ! (WIP, Test, Comparative, 15k)
From: gemelli david
Date: 6 Nov 2000 08:30:50
Message: <3A06B2D4.C6577721@xlstudio.com>
hum... strange title but this scene is a WIP. I'm using it to test some
radiosity parameters and technics, and it will be a comprative scene in
POV and LightScape when the 3D Studio MAX model will be done.

Story:

I saw yesterday a photo in one of my brother's ebenist books of a studio
like this. I decided to do it with POV.
today, at work, while my computer was unused, I launched a render. A
graphist wanted to test the same scene in LightScape (we are using it
since a few days). So, he will do the model in MAX, and he will import
it in LightScape, I will convert it to a POV scene and we will do
tests...

My question:
I used this parameters in megapov 0.6.
    pretrace_start 0.04
    pretrace_end 0.01
    count 300
    recursion_limit 2
    nearest_count 3
    error_bound 0.3
I read the "Christoph's Page", I tried various values for radiosity but
I still have this dark patches in the corner of the window.

and before, with megapov 0.5, I got dark circles even with a high count
!

                   Thanks for helping...

                           David

Post a reply to this message