POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Angels on patrol (106KBU) : Re: Angels on patrol (106KBU) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:31:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Angels on patrol (106KBU)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 4 Nov 2000 03:36:59
Message: <3A03CAAB.CC17941A@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
"H. E. Day" wrote:

> Yes, I've finnaly put them in a scene!  Took about 1:40 to render, 4 area
> lights.  The terrain is a height field, and the texture is the same as the
> previous pics.
> Comments welcome.  And I like the wings the way they are! :)

It looks great, when will we finally get to see the terrain texture ?

I'm only missing the feet of the robots sinking in the ground and leaving
footsteps.  With a heightfield this could be easily done by rendering a version
with only the feet with orthographic camera and subtracting it from the
heightfield.

BTW, are those eyes made with glows ?

Christoph

--