POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : One last Time! (77+26KBU) : Re: One last Time! (77+26KBU) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:28:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One last Time! (77+26KBU)
From: ryan constantine
Date: 2 Nov 2000 02:31:25
Message: <3A0118A0.B980C689@yahoo.com>
<two bits>
a part of me likes this a lot, while another part of me doesn't.  it
took a while, but i think i figured out what bothers me.  the legs are
traditional mech type, which, while jointed differently, have a
distinctly human feel to them.  this makes me expect human style arms in
addition to the wings.  you obviously don't want arms, otherwise you
would have put them on, in which case, i would've expected the legs to
be more bird-like (i.e. talons instead of big feet, or even tracked feet
that are somehow claw-like?).  everything above the waist is cool,
especially since you changed the wings.  the feathers are a nice touch
too.  they give it a 'tribal' feeling.
</two bits>

p.s.  did you get an email from me about image mapping a few weeks ago?
i didn't hear back from you, so thought i'd ask. :(