POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : POV-Ray 3.5 : Re: POV-Ray 3.5 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.5
From: Ken
Date: 2 Nov 2000 00:39:46
Message: <3A00FE61.A7D47D57@pacbell.net>
David wrote:

> Ha! Yes, I would not think that the POV-Ray team would stoop to giving us
> "betaware".

Actually the POV-Team will hold a public beta testing round for the
purpose of getting public feedback on potential bugs. Before that
happens there will be an internal alpha testing round. When these
steps are completed a final official public release will be made.
For v3.1 I seem to recall the public beta rounds lasted around
5 mo. and the same will likely be true for 3.5.

> Do we know about when they think it will be ready?

To be frank with you the POV-Team is not in the habit of publicly
predicting when new releases will be made. They have had negative
publicity about this in the past and refuse to put themselves in
that position again. I can only tell you that work is progressing
on 3.5 and when it is ready for beta testing public announcements
will be made.

--
Ken Tyler