POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Walking Desert Eagle (364KBU) : Re: Walking Desert Eagle (364KBU) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Walking Desert Eagle (364KBU)
From: John VanSickle
Date: 1 Nov 2000 10:38:50
Message: <3A003904.71031F2D@erols.com>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> Modelling looks great, but the way it's moving now, it should fall over sideways
> while taking a step. And I doubt the wings will help :)
> It needs some way of bringing the center of gravity under the body.
> This is nitpicking, of course; the mechanics of walking are very complex.

This is nitpicking only when realism is irrelevant.

However, certain levels of coolness require a commensurate degree of realism.

This is why all of my walking creatures have four, five, or six legs.  That way
they always have at least two feet on the ground.  The physics of the bipedal
gait are non-trivial.

Regards,
John