POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert Eagle Finished (unless there are any comments??) : Re: Desert Eagle Finished (unless there are any comments??) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert Eagle Finished (unless there are any comments??)
From: ddombrow
Date: 29 Oct 2000 16:55:18
Message: <39fc9cc6$1@news.povray.org>
*assumes critical mode*

I don't like the wings, they don't seem placed right (too high)  and the
texture style doesn't fit with the rest of the mech. I also think the
feathers on the head are a bit much, makes it look like more of a peaccock
than an eagle (though I like the feathers on the side, on the heels
especially). I was think maybe you could work a sort of metal suggestion of
feathers into the head through a bump map or changing thr model (just a
thought). I also heard you talk elsewhere of fitting weapons pylons into
those slots next to the head and making these stylistically like wings. I
thought this would be a good idea, did it not work out?

Nice work, of course, and way above my skills, but it could be better.
--
Dan D.