POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My attempt at a shag carpet/rug (warning LARGE download 320k+ ) : My attempt at a shag carpet/rug (warning LARGE download 320k+ ) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  My attempt at a shag carpet/rug (warning LARGE download 320k+ )
From: Johnny Smith
Date: 27 Oct 2000 11:35:57
Message: <39f9a0dd@news.povray.org>
First off....this just about CRIPPLED my machine.  (800 mhz athlon, 196
meg ram..)
It was done with a heightfield and a included texture that comes with
Povray.
Thought I would show everyone...not bad I guess since it was my first
attempt.
I believe there is a lot that could be done with though....some slight
turbulence in texture..
maybe a little different scaling of the heightfield...and possibly
radiosity.
This was done at 640x480 but I think something along the lines of 1280x1024
would really improve things...

    But I fear that it would take forever and a day from what I have seen so
far.
If anyone out there has any ideas for this...please let me know.
I think this "rug" actually has potential!

p.s  It was displaced so as to show definition with the floor and
give a better illustration.  Also...I rendered "just" the rug itself at a
higher resolution
to give a better idea...and included jst below original....

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'carpet.jpg' (235 KB) Download 'carpet2.jpg' (96 KB)

Preview of image 'carpet.jpg'
carpet.jpg

Preview of image 'carpet2.jpg'
carpet2.jpg