POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass Blob in 56h. 85k PNG : Re: Glass Blob in 56h. 85k PNG Server Time
19 Aug 2024 20:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Blob in 56h. 85k PNG
From: Alf Peake
Date: 26 Oct 2000 19:02:56
Message: <39f8b820@news.povray.org>
Hi Peter, thanks for the suggestion. I've tried threshold 0.1 to 1 and
compensated with strength and this seems about the best bearing in
mind that the number of components will also affect the result. What
is OK for opaque is not so good for clear with refraction. Also the
blob is "wound" around an imaginary torus and the blob tends to
thicken on the inside turns.

Alf