POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass Blob in 56h. 85k PNG : Glass Blob in 56h. 85k PNG Server Time
19 Aug 2024 20:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Glass Blob in 56h. 85k PNG
From: Alf Peake
Date: 24 Oct 2000 18:20:36
Message: <39f60b34@news.povray.org>
Upgraded my P166 to Celeron 500 last year and was looking forward to,
at last, being able to render some of my glass files I'd tried over
the years and filed away under "You're joking?".

An 800 component blob. Needed all those to remove "ribs". No aa,
default Max_T_L 5 way too low, single light source. Intended to remove
finish and normal from plane to speed things up but forgot :(

Pov 3.1g for DOS, 56 hours to trace and I don't like it. Too much rgb,
not enuf cmy. Aargh! Only 24 secs for opaque version no aa. A 12
minute pic, 38k jpeg, opaque with aa is at
www.peake42.freeserve.co.uk/pix2/blob1.jpg

Tried MegaPov 0.4 and photons - was still on first glass pixel after
half hour.

--
Alf

http://www.peake42.freeserve.co.uk/