POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : AL the Alien running! : Re: AL the Alien running! Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AL the Alien running!
From: Rune
Date: 23 Oct 2000 17:13:18
Message: <39f4a9ee@news.povray.org>
"Andy Cocker" wrote:
> This IK stuff has got me thinking further about an anim I'd
> like to work on. What I need is for the code to give me the
> positions of each joint throughout the animation...
>
> I haven't much of a clue as to how to code an IK system.
> Is your code available?

My code is very complex, messy, and a work in progress, so I won't make it
available anytime soon. But you can see a simple IK function in
povray.binaries.scene-files
Look after a message by me called "IK Leg" from September 24 2000.

> Do you think it would function as I require?

Maybe...

Greetings,

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)