POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : AL the Alien running! : Re: AL the Alien running! Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AL the Alien running!
From: Rune
Date: 23 Oct 2000 17:05:28
Message: <39f4a818@news.povray.org>
Hi all! Thanks for your replies!

Many of you suggested to me that I should add a bit more movement to the
hips and body. Well, I'll consider it, but first I'd like you all to
consider this:

On this page
http://web.inter.nl.net/users/anima/chronoph/motion/index.htm?023.htm&1
there's an animations with a real man running. Note that his body and head
almost doesn't move. That's what I based my animation on. I think the only
reason it looks strange is, that the camera closely follows AL so the
"floating body" becomes very visible. If AL ran across the field of view or
something like that, one probably wouldn't notice the "floating effect".

So, do you still think I should add more movement to the hips? I'd like your
advise!

Also, a few requested a faster animations with motion blur. I need a little
help with that. MegaPOV internal motion blur doesn't work in this case (too
complex movements), so I have to do it externally. I tried to use DTA, but
it generated an error every time I tried to use it's frame-averaging
features. Is there any other program I can use? (I know, POV-Ray itself can
be used, but I'd prefer an easier method.)

Greetings,

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org