POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : flame : Re: flame Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flame
From: Tom Melly
Date: 23 Oct 2000 04:34:41
Message: <39f3f821$1@news.povray.org>
"Elias Pschernig" <eli### [at] aonat> wrote in message
> Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask my question.

As someone else has already said, you need to combine emission with
absorption (scattering can help but is not essential and is definately
slower to render).

The main thing is to make your emitting media the opposite colour of your
absorption media - eg. if your emitting media is rgb<1,0,0> then your
absorption media would want to be rgb<0,1,1>.