POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : AL the Alien running! : Re: AL the Alien running! Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AL the Alien running!
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 22 Oct 2000 12:14:55
Message: <39f3127f@news.povray.org>
It's great. The only suggestion I'd make would be that it needs a little
more body movement... shouldn't the torso dip forward into each step a
little, or at least lower downwards as each foot impacts and the leg
compresses.

Maybe I am just being picky ;-)

This IK stuff has got me thinking further about an anim I'd like to work on.
What I need is for the code to give me the positions of each joint
throughout the animation... I could then link the joints with a string of
all manner of wierd and wonderful objects.. my primary aim would be to use a
bubbling liquid using a string of rotating blobs ( I used this method last
year sometime to create bouncing boxes - posts 'somewhere' in p.b.a ).

I haven't much of a clue as to how to code an IK system. Is your code
available? Do you think it would function as I require?

All the best,

Andy Cocker

www.mariner9.net

..... for my music and graphics.
'I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now. '
'I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time."
So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance. '

 - Steven Wright.