POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : AL the Alien running! : AL the Alien running! Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:12:01 EDT (-0400)
  AL the Alien running!
From: Rune
Date: 22 Oct 2000 10:23:51
Message: <39f2f877@news.povray.org>
Per request, here's AL running! It's in slow motion so you can better see
the details.

Making him run was in fact easier than making him walk, and funnier too,
though I couldn't have done it without the reference material that ingo
pointed me to. :)

It was easier than the walking because inverse kinematics are more forgiving
to bended limps than to stretched limps - and when running the arms and legs
are never stretched.

This could still be improved, but generally I'm very pleased with the
result. What do you think?

I think the next thing I'll do is to model his UFO. :)

Greetings,

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org