POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bunsen flame question (partial spoiler for irtc) [26kb] : Re: bunsen flame question (partial spoiler for irtc) [26kb] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 20:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bunsen flame question (partial spoiler for irtc) [26kb]
From: Tom Melly
Date: 21 Oct 2000 10:16:38
Message: <39f1a546@news.povray.org>
Many thanks for the help, all. I've got a pretty good idea of what to do
now. I'm going to use a second media-sphere to contain the
turbulence-casting media. The current flame uses "no_shadow", the shadow
will use - ah, whatever the keyword is for invisible objects. This should
allow me to adjust the two effects independantly, I hope (dunno if this is a
good idea, but if so I offer it as a top-tip).

The flame is probably a bit tall - it's been 20 years since I was very near
a lab (or at least one with a lit bunsen).