POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : flame : Re: flame Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flame
From: Bob H
Date: 20 Oct 2000 15:17:32
Message: <39f09a4c$1@news.povray.org>
"Elias Pschernig" <eli### [at] aonat> wrote in message
> Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask my question.

It is.

> I tried creating a flame object in POV3.1, using an emission media. But
> it only works if the background is black or very dark
>
> Can you give me any hints how to use media for a realistic looking flame?

Simple answer is, use 'scattering {}' along with some 'absorption'.  A plain
emission media is just luminous and nothing more.

Should be quite a few examples at the povray.text.scene-files or
povray.binaries.scene-files groups.  Even in the povray.binaries.images group
probably, along with the images of flames, fire, or candles.  Search should
locate something.

Bob