POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : flame : flame Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  flame
From: Elias Pschernig
Date: 20 Oct 2000 14:24:06
Message: <39f08dc6$1@news.povray.org>
Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask my question.

I tried creating a flame object in POV3.1, using an emission media. But
it only works if the background is black or very dark - otherwise the
background is visible through the flame and it looks unrealistic. I'm now
looking for an example of a flame media or a tutorial how to avoid this
look-through effect of the emission media. I was following some links
from povray.org but didn't find anything useful yet - however i got the
impression that media isn't really suited for a realistic flame effect.

Can you give me any hints how to use media for a realistic looking flame
?

And if it's not possible with media, what else could i try ?

Thanks in advance,

Elias Pschernig