POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : A real Jumpgate amimated : Re: A real Jumpgate amimated Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A real Jumpgate amimated
From: Bob H
Date: 20 Oct 2000 04:31:22
Message: <39f002da@news.povray.org>
"Matt Giwer" <jul### [at] ijnet> wrote in message news:39EFE17E.28644E0C@ij.net...

> And I don't have the actual "jump" yet but here is a first cut after 30
> hours for 100 frames.

What is your computer?  A 90MHz Pentium?  Seems awfully long time for that to
render out.  Is it because of reflection used in both the ship and the gateway?
You may think me odd but I especially like the first couple dozen frames.  The
gate seems to make the ship shrink, illusion I suppose.  I was getting space
sickness after a few loops played through.

Bob