POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Final(?) WBD Logo (101 KB) : Re: Final(?) WBD Logo (101 KB) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 13:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Final(?) WBD Logo (101 KB)
From: Cris Williams
Date: 17 Oct 2000 11:58:26
Message: <39ec7722@news.povray.org>
I agree that the letters need shadows.  I will add these when I prepare the
image for placement on the web site that it was designed for.

You lost me on the other shadow suggestion.  The upper left shadow on which
plate, the larger one or the small one?  What do you mean by "brighter
shadow"?  The blue background on the smaller disk is darker at the top
because it is a gradient.  The smaller disk doesn't cast a shadow because I
think the image is cleaner without it.  There are two lights casting
shadows, one light is not as bright as the other.  I realize the shadows are
kinda harsh, but I think that adds some impact to the logo.  Or maybe not?

Cris

"Christoph Hormann" <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote in
message news:39EC69F1.C510B057@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de...

> Cris Williams wrote:
> >
> > Well, here's what I ended up with.  The background is just something I
stuck
> > there to replace the previous white one.  Suggestions are always
welcome!

> It looks really good, but some suggestions for the shadows:
>
> - the text outside could have some shadow to fit better into the
composition
> - the shadows on the logo are not very consistent, while the rim of the
plate
> has a very dark shadow on the upper left, the shadows the WBD-logo with
the
> photo and the triangles are casting on the plate are much brighter.
That's