POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motion Blur experiment : Re: Motion Blur experiment Server Time
20 Aug 2024 02:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion Blur experiment
From: Rune
Date: 17 Oct 2000 06:11:40
Message: <39ec25dc@news.povray.org>
"Margus Ramst" wrote:
> This might be true if a) the camera doesn't move

If the camera moves, you cannot get correct results with MegaPOV, so it does
not make sense to compare the render times in that case.

> With MegaPOV motion blur, you'd be rendering the blurred parts
> - say - 25 times _every frame_ With the post-processing method
> you might need to render more frames to get a smooth blur over
> a certain time interval - but not anywhere near 25 times more.

Please explain why. As I see it you need the same amount of samples to get
the same amount of smoothness. So you would indeed have to use 25 times more
images (which will always be slower because non-blurred objects are also
rendered extra times).

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org