POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motion Blur experiment : Re: Motion Blur experiment Server Time
20 Aug 2024 02:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion Blur experiment
From: BigCeef
Date: 16 Oct 2000 22:14:53
Message: <39ebb61d@news.povray.org>
"Margus Ramst" <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote in message

> This might be true if a) the camera doesn't move and b) non-blurred parts
of the
> scene take significantly longer to render than blurred parts.
> With MegaPOV motion blur, you'd be rendering the blurred parts - say - 25
times
> _every frame_
> With the post-processing method you might need to render more frames to
get a
> smooth blur over a certain time interval - but not anywhere near 25 times
more.

Would not the blur be identical using either method? So that in order to
approximate the smoothness of 25 rendering passes in MegaPOV, one would need
to average 25 frames?

Andy Cocker

www.mariner9.net

..... for my music and graphics.
'I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now. '
'I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time."
So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance. '

 - Steven Wright.