POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Solar Probe (trial run 1) [~186K Mpg] : Re: Solar Probe (cancelled: larger [~543K Mpg]) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solar Probe (cancelled: larger [~543K Mpg])
From: Bob H
Date: 16 Oct 2000 10:21:13
Message: <39eb0ed9$1@news.povray.org>
"Geoff Wedig" <wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote in message

| Actually, I thought of something.  It may not itself be that bright, but the
| light from the sun reflecting off it could be quite bright in itself.  Not
| sure how to convey that (maybe a sharp shadow from the segments?  Too close
| to the sun for that probably)

Arg!  A shadowy place behind it, you are so right.  It's 'glow' though, not media.
Well guess I
can put a negative glow on the shadow side but it certainly won't be like any typical
shadow.  No
reaction to the light from the Sun (I guess not).

| I still like it a lot.  And I really like your sun.  The media is gorgous.

And thanks a lot.  Can't recall if I posted it before, could if I haven't already.
I'll check into
that.

Bob