POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motion Blur experiment : Re: Motion Blur experiment Server Time
19 Aug 2024 20:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion Blur experiment
From: BigCeef
Date: 15 Oct 2000 23:16:00
Message: <39ea72f0@news.povray.org>
Well, I was just experimenting further, and I found that by replacing the
4x4 area light with a point light, the render time per frame fell from 50
mins to 9 mins! No way did I expect the area_light to hit render time so
badly. Must be the way the motion_blur is calculated. Anyhow, the good news
is that it looks like my anim will be a fairly painless render after all.

Also, jpeg really hurts these two images and I'm not sure why. Previous post
was at 85%, and this one was saved at 100%.

Andy Cocker

www.mariner9.net

..... for my music and graphics.
'I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now. '
'I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time."
So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance. '

 - Steven Wright.
"BigCeef" <big### [at] mariner9fsnetcouk> wrote in message
> Ok. Not a fascinating image, but my first play with motion blur. I'm
really
> pleased. It's part of a 50 frame anim which I've yet to render... and at
50
> mins per frame on my p200, I'm not looking forward to it... hehe
>
> I'll post it at my site when it's done.
>

> All the best,
>
> Andy Cocker
>
> --
> www.mariner9.net
>
> ..... for my music and graphics.
> 'I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now. '
> 'I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time."
> So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance. '
>
>  - Steven Wright.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'motion_test.jpg' (30 KB)