POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : AL the Alien WIP 3 : Re: AL the Alien WIP 3 Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AL the Alien WIP 3
From: Rune
Date: 13 Oct 2000 20:33:59
Message: <39e7a9f7@news.povray.org>
"John VanSickle" wrote:
> Rune wrote:
> >
> > Several people have pointed out to me that "AL the Alien" looks very
> > similar to Victor Navone's alien "Blit Wizbok". I have tried to change
> > the look of AL to avoid this. Have I succeeded, or does AL still look
> > too similar to the other alien?
>
> I think that as long as he is shaped and colored the same basic way,
> the resemblance will always be strong.  You could try giving him
> dark green spots, or scales, or something.

Ouch, I hope there's another way...

Well, the colours of the clothes are different, and the shape is also a
little different, but maybe not enough.

To make it easier to compare I have attached an image with Blit Wizbok to
the left and AL the Alien to the right. (just hope copyright isn't a
problem!)

Thanks for your feedback.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)