POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires : Re: The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:14:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires
From: Bob H
Date: 13 Oct 2000 03:17:01
Message: <39e6b6ed@news.povray.org>
"Steven Pigeon" <pig### [at] iroumontrealca> wrote in message

| A nice little scene, about 100,000 frame level objects,
| about 5000 light sources, took 29d 15h to render on a 233 Pentium 2.
|
| If you can guess what this devices does, tell me.

The spinal cord of a robot.  I don't know.  Just seems to be like a
electrolytic fluid or something being distributed from this centralized
place.
That may be the longest render I've seen stated, think the next to the
longest was 27 days maybe.  As far as being a continuous render though I
don't know; and you didn't say if yours was.
Were that many lights and objects really needed?  I can't count the ones in
there but it does look like a few thousand or so ;-)

P.S.
You should try and post here more often so I can spell your name right
(relating to another short thread around here someplace).

Bob