POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : fished onion : Re: fished onion Server Time
20 Aug 2024 04:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fished onion
From: Bob H
Date: 13 Oct 2000 02:59:13
Message: <39e6b2c1@news.povray.org>
"Margus Ramst" <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote in message
| "Bob H." wrote:
| >
| > ( I still refuse to believe a human being was able to do this type of
| > pattern magic until I see proof in the way of scripting) :-D
| >

| I think I'm on to his methods, although I probably lack the 3D perception
| imitate his work.
| Here's a little "function pattern" for ya (no image maps!). It's a 2D
pattern,
| but that's just because I lacked inspiration for a 3D one. The basic
principle
| is very simple... Perhaps you can guess how it was made? :)

I'll guess a overall spherical patterned pigment (or texture) map using
triangle pattern for outermost part and just clear to opaque central part,
with radial pattern for the spokes and dots.  But then I have no idea how
you actually got the spokes and dots made.
It's a bit much for my feeble mind.
It's good I assure you but nothing like those supposedly mathematically made
(?!) curves and shapes in such a rendition of a Escher drawing as what
Wlodzimierz has shown.

Bob