POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires : Re: The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:09:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires
From: Tony[B]
Date: 12 Oct 2000 23:44:23
Message: <39e68517@news.povray.org>
> A nice little scene, about 100,000 frame level objects,
> about 5000 light sources, took 29d 15h to render on a 233 Pentium 2.

I salute your patience.

> All the wires are in fact Hermite Splines.

That's nice.

> If you can guess what this devices does, tell me.

It functions as part of the Matrix. This is their broadband network for
transfering agents through the network. It can even load an agent into a
human connected to the Matrix, and is now being used for that very purpose
to help attack the humans in the city of Zion, after the Matrix was
disconnected from computer control by a human who calls himself Neo.

> Rendered at "desktop size" 1280x1024. Comments?

I'm using it as my background right now. :)