POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Torganswall again (jpeg 69 kb) : Re: Torganswall again (jpeg 69 kb) Server Time
20 Aug 2024 04:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torganswall again (jpeg 69 kb)
From: Robert J Becraft
Date: 11 Oct 2000 17:55:17
Message: <39e4e1c5$1@news.povray.org>
I like it.  Perhaps the door open just a bit to give a glimpse inside?  Put
a warm glowing torch or two in there and let the light cascade out into the
snow in front of the door.

Perhaps a broken cart off to the side to give some scale and interest
outside the walls.

Some broken spears off to one side with some tattered cloth as abandoned
junk, protruding from the snow.

In a high wind, your snow on the roof of the hoarding would not be all nice
and neat... it would accumulate behind the protected parts near the towers
and be swept clear of the windward/wind-exposed sides.  That would give an
impression of wind without the swirling white you can't get with media.

For swirling snow, generate an image of the snow on a black background...
use a paint program and spray white on black... save it as a GIF.... then
apply the image to a box and make black transparent leaving your swirling
snow part.  You can come up with several patterns of swirl to add interest.
See my tutorial at http://www.angelfire.com/md2/castlewrks for the image map
stuff.

Keep up the good work... I LOVE Castles.

Robert J Becraft
aka cas### [at] aolcom