POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Torganswall again (jpeg 69 kb) : Re: Torganswall again (jpeg 69 kb) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torganswall again (jpeg 69 kb)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 11 Oct 2000 16:00:51
Message: <39e4c6f3$1@news.povray.org>
Yes, it's the sky or more precise the "sunlit" edge of one of the clouds.
The back of the upper part is made only out of some woodbeams, as I read
that was the way they did it in medieval times for the supply of arrows and
things like that. I'll think about it.

The flatness is due to the radiosity I used (ambient_light is 0). The clouds
block almost every direct light from the "sun", but with all that white snow
... In fact, the light_source is only responsible for the white edges of the
clouds. I'll probably have to change them for more direct lighting.

BTW: There is indeed always a "but" perhaps we could add an abbreviation
lithe TIAAB? :-) This one is far from finished.

Marc-Hendrik

Steve schrieb in Nachricht ...