POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : the ancient mariner pleads with the albatross for forgivness : Re: the ancient mariner pleads with the albatross for forgivness Server Time
20 Aug 2024 04:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the ancient mariner pleads with the albatross for forgivness
From: Ian Witham
Date: 11 Oct 2000 06:16:42
Message: <39e43e0a@news.povray.org>
"Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote in message
> "Mick Hazelgrove" <mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote in message
> > It's come some way and still has a little way to go...
> >

> I like this - one of those pictures where the title is part of the
picture,
> giving it it's context. Howabout an old and faded wedding-invite, half
> buried by sand?

I don't think Ancient Mariner was invited to that wedding, he was only there
to tell Wedding Guest his story.  Anyway the albatross should look much more
dead... half buried by sand?

Very good picture.  The figure seems to have that same problem that the
grass had before H.E. suggested double illumination.  I know nothing about
double illumination but maybe it's worth trying?