POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playtime's over: (74k) : Re: Playtime's over: (74k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:09:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playtime's over: (74k)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 6 Oct 2000 17:37:27
Message: <39de4617@news.povray.org>
"Steve" <ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain...
| All hand coded, it took four months on and off, and eleven days to render
| with adaptive aa at 0.0, radiosity, 800x600, and those area lights which
| made my isosurface go flat so I had to put an extra spotlight in.

I admire your fortitude.

| It all looked so different without aa, I'm really dissapointed in the
wooden
| frame round the latticework, the texture needs rotating.  I wanted the
joints
| to look asthough damp had got into them (it looked ok without aa), but it
didn't
| work either.

So often the case, I know.

| We had a power outage in on about day 4 of the render which didn't please
me,
| I'm never sure if the +C will work but it always does.

You were lucky it wasn't writing to disk at the time.  Seems it always is
when my power goes, but now I finally have a UPS to keep going for a short
time.

Comment: the clear plastic dome needs some imperfection, scuffing.  Perhaps
also on the other external parts too.  Those pacifiers are superb, far as I
know.

Bob