POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : BMP format : Re: BMP format Server Time
20 Aug 2024 04:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BMP format
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 6 Oct 2000 08:33:45
Message: <39ddc6a9@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote in message
> Josh English wrote:
>
> > The closest thing to a problem I have with png is that Nescape doesn't
> > display a png file in the message window like it will with jpg. I have
> > click on it and lose the message.
>
> I think it actually has to load the Quicktime plug-in.  And for me, I
cannot
> scroll up and down on an image which is larger than my small window, as
was the
> case with today's "Emoti-Pov".   It all boils down to that Dilbert cartoon
> where the girder has fallen on one employee's head and Catbert reminds
him,
> "Nobody else is complaining."  It's just like the html issue.

Sorry about Emoti-Pov png... but jpg didn't like that image (sharp
transition and near pure red, green, blue). I have no problem seeing it with
Outlook Express. Nonetheless I will mind that Netscape has some problems
with this great format. I think some programs have (had?) problems with gif
too... is this right?

Povingly,

Philippe