POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first try : Re: My first try Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first try
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 5 Oct 2000 11:11:14
Message: <39dc9a12@news.povray.org>
"Olivier Rougeron" <oro### [at] eraware-softcom> wrote in message

| It's a logo (splash screen) for the software I am working on.
| doesn't it look a little bit empty ?
|
| I'm waiting for your suggestion

Although the shadows are a nice 3D touch it doesn't seem clean enough with
them as is.  Could be the double-shadowing making me think so, or that there
isn't enough of a shadow to make the objects prominent.  Something about it
anyway.
I agree with the other replies that this is all you need, complexity in a
logo isn't a good idea, however for a splash screen it could be more I
suppose.  Won't there be additional wording on this if used as such?  If so
this might be best then.
How about a deeper red outer glow (fading fast) with this bright pinkish
color only in the center of the light object.  I think that would seem more
dramatic.  Since you're new to POV-Ray keywords fade_distance D (D being how
far before fading) and fade_power 2 or 3 should do well.  Of course it all
depends on what type of look you are wanting.

Bob