POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Modified Sphericon Thing (145Kbu) - Sphericon_V_2_a.mpg [1/1] : Re: Modified Sphericon Thing (145Kbu) - Sphericon_V_2_a.mpg [1/1] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modified Sphericon Thing (145Kbu) - Sphericon_V_2_a.mpg [1/1]
From: Data
Date: 4 Oct 2000 17:03:36
Message: <39db9b28@news.povray.org>
"Jamie Davison" wrote.
> On Wed, 4 Oct 2000 10:58:17 +0930, Data wrote...
> > If you're looking extremely closely, there's a faint bluish line on the
> > ball, but it's moving so fast I can't see it except at the start and
finish
> > (Media Player is giving a brief pause at the replay). Well done (far
beyond
> > my abilities!)
>
> I'll let you into a secret.  There's no way in hell I could do this in
> POV script.  This is all through Moray (and the animation plugin)
>
> And I think the faint line is a lighting artifact, since IIRC, the
> illumination in the scene is from four point lights scattered around the
> object.

That would probably explain it :)
Hrm, I'll have to try Moray more often, though I still prefer playing with
the numbers themselves

> > > Oh, and I've got another version, but in that one, the ball stays
still
> > > and the base object rotates.
> > >
> > I'd be interested to see :)
>
> Have you got the Divx;-) codec?  It's just that it's not really that
> interesting, and as a Divx;-) .avi, it's only 48k or so, and I'm sort of
> loathe to take up much more space on the newsgroup with another version
> of this (and an infinitely less pleasing version IMO)

Yeah, I have (finally)
I'll have to give it a try at encoding. I have a new breed for a game that
neews a demonstration movie, but at the moment a full 360 degree spin of it
is just under 300k at fairly low resolution