POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.6 available for download : Re: MegaPov 0.6 available for download Server Time
28 Sep 2024 21:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 0.6 available for download
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 3 Oct 2000 16:42:57
Message: <39da44d1@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote :

> My friend got a division by zero error.  I thought I might be doing
something
> wrong, but I've confirmed that I was following your instructions exactly.

    Ah! I have found the error. The problem is that you only occupy a finite
amount of cubic centimeters. When contrasted to the entire universe, that
amount, <finite>/<infinite> works out to zero. Using this method, you do not
exist. Please add an arbitrary 0.00001 to all figures until we come up with
a fix. I know this means that you will be located somewhere within one of
6,000,000,000,000 galaxies, but that will have to be close enough for now.