POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : FK via IK walk cycle : Re: FK via IK walk cycle Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:36:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FK via IK walk cycle
From: Rune
Date: 2 Oct 2000 11:02:37
Message: <39d8a38d@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> Can it do a rotating heel + knee system?

How do you define a rotating heel + knee system? I don't find the meaning of
it obvious.

> If you look at my 04.08.00 posting here, that was pure FK with
> specified angles.
>
> This version is complicated.

Wait a minute - I don't quite get this...

Do you work like this:

A) You manually use JvS's macro to find the knee point
   and manually calculate the required angles?
   So you have to do some math calculations every time
   you want it to move in a different way?

Or is it like this:

B) Your POV script uses JvS's macro to find the knee point
   and then automatically do all necessary math calculations.

Please clarify! :-)

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated September 25)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org