POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glows and radiosity (50kbu) : Re: Glows and radiosity (50kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:11:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glows and radiosity (50kbu)
From: Tom Melly
Date: 2 Oct 2000 06:53:31
Message: <39d8692b@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote in message

> Bob Hughes <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message
> > Nice warm look to it.
> > Odd shadow at the back, lower left.  Doesn't seem to relate to anything.
>
> I noticed that while it was rendering. Haven't a clue where that could be
> coming from
> There's also a shadow on the left wall with no source that I can tell.

I could well be wrong, but the odd shadows seem to be cast by the candles
themselves - the upper tiers of candles would appear to be blocking light
from the lower tiers - do glows block light from other glows and/or lights?

The artifacts around the windows are peculiar - is there any part of the CSG
operation that made the windows that is the same shape as the rectangular
artifacts?