POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : FK via IK walk cycle : Re: FK via IK walk cycle Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FK via IK walk cycle
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 1 Oct 2000 21:46:28
Message: <39d7e8f4@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:

> Well, pure IK can do anything IK+FK can do, but if a character is originally
> designed for FK it's sometimes easier to use IK+FK. Pure IK can easily
> handle any object, not just cylinders, as you can see in the file I posted
> in povray.binaries.scene-files a few days ago.

Can it do a rotating heel + knee system?

> It's all about how you want to control your character. How are the feet of
> your character currently controlled? Do you specify points? Vectors? Angles?

If you look at my 04.08.00 posting here, that was pure FK with specified angles.

This version is complicated.
The point of the "toe ball" of the foot (what do you call it?) is specified in
an include file as a clock spline.
The point of the ankle is calculated from a rotation by an angle specified in a
clock spline.
The knee point is then found using JvS' macro.
Then I used math to recalculate the angles for my FK construction for the hip
and knee angles.