POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glows : Re: Glows Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glows
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 28 Sep 2000 08:39:09
Message: <39d33bed$1@news.povray.org>
"ryan constantine" <rco### [at] yahoocom> wrote :

>  is the moire pattern on the far wall jpeg's fault?

    Sure... plus the fact that my bricks are too small.

> do you
> plan on developing the scene further?  i think you should.  i like it so
> far and see a lot of potential.

    Well thanks, but no, I don't plan on doing anything with this particular
scene. I might use the emergency lights as constructed somewhere else, but
they were quick enough to make that I doubt that I will even put them into a
macro. This was really an experiment about using Glows as lights. The walls
are just planes with  "pigment { Bricks}" on them...

The fact that Glows extend their glow beyond solid surfaces means that the
lights will have to be against a wall or ceiling, but you can see that even
that doesn't work too well if they are right up against it as the ceiling
light is.  It is like the Glow is on a disc and you can't see the part in
the ceiling.