POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : FK via IK walk cycle : Re: FK via IK walk cycle Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FK via IK walk cycle
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Sep 2000 01:08:03
Message: <39d2d233@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <"gregj;-)56590\""@aol.c;-)om> wrote in message
news:39d2aac2@news.povray.org...

| Thanks for the advice when I posted actually back in April this same
| deal.  I think it's a lot smoother.  Fixing the rotation or bending of
| the feet are a whole nuther project for another day.

The feet tilt upward slightly while midway along the ground, so that needs a
fix.  Also if I remember the physics of biped walking well enough then the
guy needs to lean forward some to fall onto each foot put forward.

|  Note how the "up" ankle travels in a straight triangle.

Are you following any real human walk animations or just going it alone?
The more true to life you try for is going to be more and more a problem I'd
think, never ending.  This character certainly has life-like qualities but
I'm seeing it as a kind of Disney animation right now.  Sorry if that's an
offensive remark, don't mean it to be.
You did those running animations from a year or so ago.  I just looked that
up, done in Animation Master.  Must be a whole other world doing these in
POV-Ray.

Bob