POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : FK via IK walk cycle : FK via IK walk cycle Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  FK via IK walk cycle
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 27 Sep 2000 22:19:46
Message: <39d2aac2@news.povray.org>
All this talk of walk cycles inspired in me a desire to improve my own.

I kept a true FK construction to my character, but I used JvS's
FindKnee macro to determine the position of the knee, then back
calculated the FK rotational angles to get the points described. This
FK/IK setup will also make it easier to make it do things like walk up
stairs.

Thanks for the advice when I posted actually back in April this same
deal.  I think it's a lot smoother.  Fixing the rotation or bending of
the feet are a whole nuther project for another day.

I still have a love/hate relationship with splines.  Yeah, I could
figure out a way to get it to be very smooth, but then I wouldn't be
able to tweak, retweak, and microtweak if I have 8 extra points to
change every time I make a modification. (2 pts before, 2 pts after x 2
legs= 8 )  >:-P  Note how the "up" ankle travels in a straight triangle.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'thebodywalker38c.mpg' (289 KB)