POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Afghan Sunrise (133K) - problem with star background : Re: Afghan Sunrise (133K) - stars now correct, but surface in twilight Server Time
20 Aug 2024 06:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Afghan Sunrise (133K) - stars now correct, but surface in twilight
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 27 Sep 2000 01:23:49
Message: <39d18465@news.povray.org>

>Yes, I tried absorption rgb <1, 0.5, 0> (according to my scattering rgb<0,
0.5, 1> and reduced this filter, not translucency to 0... but Earth's
surface still
>remains dull and low in contrast! Also in Darcy's tutorial, I didn't find
anything about avoiding this effect... I browsed through the "finish"
section of the
>PoV-Ray manual, but it was also no help to me... is it avoidable at all or
is it an essential deficiency of raytracing?

Try increasing the "diffuse" component of the finish of the planet's surface
to something in the 2.0 to 6.0 range.

Mark